Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Six Blue Birds

Wednesday August 24, 2011

I awoke after sleeping 10 hours, boy was I shot out from the previous epic day of snowboarding. It was six in the morning, I turned on the gas to start the coffee. Emari was still in bed but now awake and I asked her if she wanted eggs, which she did...I warned her nothing fancy, straight up scrambled eggs.

We rolled out of our camp site at 7:45am so we could make it to Treble Cone for the 8:30am shuttle which we made. It was suppose to be an overcast day with rain and snow at higher elevations but we were given another blue bird day, more windy up top, some passing clouds through out the day. It did not soften up like yesterday but by noon we were off-piste and riding all over the place. Three blue bird days in a row with yesterday as epic as the come, only thing that would have made it better was 24" of powder under a blue sunny sky. This was my 97th day riding for this season, it sure has been an amazing year.

Tomorrow morning we report to the Aspiring Guides Office to review our gear, the itinerary, the weather etc. We are expecting some foul weather to move through, hopefully nothing that will prevent the Heli from trans prong us. At this point it seems it may just be Emari and I with a guide, this could be the icing on the cake but I can't allow myself to get my hopes up, the weather could shut down the whole trip, just give us a clear window so we can get out in the elements, start climbing and riding, climbing and riding, climbing and riding...soaking in the magnitude of the experience.

I asked Emari how long she has been riding for? She responded, "one full season and some extras..." damn she is ripping.

AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment