Saturday, August 20, 2011

Reflections

Some things I've learned or come to realize while traveling abroad in a camper van.

1. If you really want to know if you have the right partner intentionally go on a trip that
will create some discomfort....tight quarters, no escape from the others company, at times
Sheltered in a camper van but fucking cold, despite having excellent gear, able to weather
each others freak outs without personalizing them. Perhaps even before people marry they
should experience something like this, the litmus test for partnership. Let me tell you
I have been reminded time and time again, I found a good one!!!

2. I realize that showering daily is completely excessive and a waist of resources, every
three to four days seems more than adequate, especially in the colder months where one
is less apt to sweat. Their is possibly one exception, cleaning up before sex, unless
You like it dirty.

3. I realize now that the same set of clothes can be worn at least 2-3 times before they need
To be laundered, perhaps under garments every 1-2 days.

4. Sadly on this trip it has become even more apparent that I need to do more regarding being
Green minded. They recycle and seem to conserve everything here in NZ. Sadly the human
Race seems to take significantly more than what it gives back.

5. Interesting enough I work with people and honestly enjoy the work I do, but have been
reminded over and over again that the minimalist of human interaction seems really well
fitting.

6. the final reflection for now is simply that I realize I am at my best and happiest when I
Am traveling, so rest assure I will return home, to work a little more, squirrel away a
Little more coin and be planning the next travels...our next travels...AJ and Emari's next
travels.

Perhaps their will be more reflections to follow......AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment