Wednesday, July 25, 2012

First Year Anniversary...........4-6 ft. Nicaraguan Style

I probably need to back track to yesterday since I was so spent yesterday I did not write. It was our first day on the boat, three Texans.....Ross, Kevin and Will, plus our guide Chris and we spent the day at Lance's Left 6-8' plus on the faces really rip able and when you made all the sections a super long left. Five hours of that and I was shot. Rashes on my bruised ribs, rashes on my waist line.......just spent. I kept thinking since Saturday I surfed Popoyo, Santana's and Lance's.....tomorrow now today were sure to serve up some others. Today, July 23,2012, our first year  anniversary and I woke up kissed Emari good bye as I knew another day of 4-6 foot would make for a great anniversary. We were on the boat again and first spot was Chococente, a turtle breeding beach this time of year. We pulled up and from the back offshore spray and waves peeling. I was the first in the water, caught one bomb, no barrel but open face with some top turns in the pocket. Within ten minutes we heard whistles from the beach, three men, appeared military and we paddled back to the boat. We left some of the best surf I saw all year. We then headed to Playgrounds, which already had 5 boats anchored up. It was crowded but the surf looked good. Despite the crowd got some really good rights and lefts. After lunch session at Lance's. Five hours and my arms and shoulders were toast, lower back and right hip starting to seize up. Returned back to Popoyo Surf Lodge to see that my boards finally arrived after 4 days, at least undamaged and a voucher to have them flown home free of charge. I got showered and Emari gave me a beautiful card. I had left hers near her toothbrush. We then went for a walk down to the beach break and we eventually got rained on. Another amazing meal at the camp. During dinner and after we talked with all the new guys that checked into the camp. When we got back to the room Emari showed me the 100 page booked she made of our New Zealand trip, including our entire blog..........fucking awesome.......she is beyond amazing. One side note from yesterday. We met Jeff and he took us up to the property. It looked awesome cleared, so exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment