Friday, July 27, 2012

A Home in the Hills, Head High Sets in the Sea

Two day recap Tuesday July 24, 2012 Yesterday I skipped the morning surf session, Mauricio who works with Jeff and Tony picked us up at 8:30am to take us to Rancho Santana to meet with their lawyer to sign power of attorney so they can get our electric hooked up and make additional decisions in our absence as well.  After the signing Mauricio took us to a home they are currently building and we finally got to meet Tony and see him in action with the couple who were building. After lunch, despite significant back pain I went surfing at Astillero and it was fun but very windy. Tony picked Emari and I up at 4:30 and we all walked the property together, decided on where we would build the house as well as other options. It went really well and we walked away with now building our home up, better views, better breeze and more secure. We also decided that we would take care of the electric, water and driveway outside of our proposed building budget. Tony said he would have drawings for us by Thursday or Friday.....looking forward to it. Wednesday July 25, 2012 Despite back pain an awesome day, morning session at Santana's, afternoon at Popoyo in which I ran into John Selya, a childhood friend I had not seen in 30 years. I knew he'd be down here but wasn't sure if we'd connect. We finished the day with a third session at Astillero in which I had a peak all to myself, chest high to bigger sets......I caught so many good waves. Topped the day with a lobster feast and as I get ready to sign off I'm also preparing myself to get an ass beating in Scrabble!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment